Monday, April 12, 2010

991

So, I had a little interesting afternoon.

First off, let me preface by saying I work for a neurology clinic and we are required to wear scrubs. I dislike wearing scrubs because people automatically think you are medical personnel. I know more than the average person about the medical field, but mostly behind the scenes stuff, i.e. billing, insurance and other paperwork.

So, as I arrived home to my apartment complex, I get out of my vehicle and a lady from another apartment calls down to me, "I just had a seizure." Now, it is a coincidence that I've work with seizure patients and have seen fake seizures and real seizures and I know some signs of what to look for after a seizure occurs. I was on the phone when she called down, so I hung up and went upstairs. By the time I arrived, she was already laying on the ground and very confused. I asked if she would like me to call 911. I was going to anyway but just wanted her to know I was there. She really didn't say much but I got my phone and began to dial...9-9-1. Yes. Cliche, I know. I was a little frazzled and obviously not thinking straight. I dialed it incorrectly. It reminds me of a quote from Madea Goes to Jail, "My daughter tried that, I hit her so hard she dialed 9-19. " Ha, I luckily realized it before it even had a chance to ring (if it was going to ring). All in all, the ambulance came, the woman was taken away and appears to be fine. Ha. I'm the idiot.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh Bub! You could have killed that lady! ;)

I get to see Kirby tomorrow!!

Oh, and about the shower thing, I turn the faucet on first until it's warm and then when I'm in I turn the shower head on directly on me. It would have totally worked if I hadn't found it.