Friday, January 31, 2014

Rainbows

After every storm, there's a rainbow.  At least, that's how my brain works.  I know I don't always see them but I know, somewhere, there's a rainbow.  It's what keeps me going through hard times.  This past week was a little rough on us.  Brandie (the artist formally known as Ouizer) and I both got up in the middle of the night to party.  And by party I mean get sick together.  And by sick I mean my entrails decided to party like it was 1999, and leave my body with a last big hoorah!  Y'all, I have never been so sick.  I think I've had the flu twice in my life. Once was the last two weeks of my mission and it stretched into the first week I was home.  That was a lengthy sickness, but I've never felt like this before.  No, I swear, it's the truth.  And I'm holding----wait, sorry, Dirty Dancing moment.

It was a few days to remember, that's for sure.  I'm unsure of what either of us had/have/going to have/what we have left.  The sad part is Brandie said I'm one flu away from my perfect dress size.  HA.  That did not happen for either of us.  We are both still recovering. 

Luckily, Ginny is still going strong.  She has about 3 weeks left.  Her turkey timer has popped out and I'm about ready to shine a flashlight down there and say, "Go toward the light, Carolann." Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.  Also, we think Kaylor had a touch of the stomach ickies before all of us.  She's better as well.  I have pictures of but I'm too lazy to get my phone, email myself the photos, and post them on here.  Maybe next time.

So, Rainbows.  Yes, they get me through hard times.  I only thought of this because it's raining outside.  As our family nestles into bed, we are safe.  We are healthy-ish (B is still exhibiting some residuals, and my tummy is still not 100%), but we are better.  And that is our rainbow.   

0 comments: