Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Funny you should ask...

To recap my last few months...
I've been steadily working away at the NMC.
I went to Colorado for my 99 Class reunion. Suprisingly, I really enjoyed myself at the reunion. I knew I'd love seeing my old friends and hanging out in the gorgeous mountains that make up the Rocky range. But to actually go the reunion, I was a little skeptical. I really enjoyed seeing people that I haven't seen in a while. I shook hands with people who I didn't think knew me in high school, but knew my name and were actually excited to see me. We toured our high school and saw a lot of great new additions and changes to it's structure! I really wish I could have seen a few of the teachers, but it was still so much fun. I loved hanging out with some of my close friends while traveling through the great state of Colorado! It sincerely was such a great trip.
Before my trip, my new roommate Michael and I found a great place to live. I was the only one to scope it out before the actual agreement was made; I was a little concerned with all that pressure. But it turns out to be a great place indeed! My old roommate/landlord wanted me out by the end of July, but I was in CO during that time. He and my new roommate were kind enough to move all of my stuff to the new apartment for me! It was such a relief to come home and find everything already moved!
I settled in for a few days and then another great friend of mine came down for a week. I took off another week and we did things that frightened fish! We went to Avery Island; the Laura, Shadows on the Teche and San Francisco plantation homes; and then toured New Orleans. It was great to catch up with Stephanie; we haven't seen each other since before my mission, about 8 years ago...eek! We both have changed but for the better, we decided. We've matured and it was really neat to see someone who knew me when I was a "kid" and to now see me as more of an adult and notice the difference.
Right before Stephanie got here, I developed a crappy cough. I took some meds/herbals/vitamins and I still have an annoyance version of it, but nothing too serious. It's so much better, except for when I "honk" in the middle of sacrament meeting.

0 comments: