Saturday, August 6, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Today was a day of guilty pleasures. I didn't realize it until I was on my way home from running an errand. Ginny has been out of town for the week and I'm not really working a lot right now and school doesn't start for almost two weeks. I was trying to think of what I could do today to stay busy. We have a small mouse problem and our ottoman needs some felt coasters on the bottom so it doesn't scuff the floor when we slide it out of the way to clean. I decided to go to one of my favorite stores, Lowes!! I was going to go to Target but I didn't know if they would have exactly what I needed. I am quite addicted to all of the "Crashers" shows on DIY and was hoping to run into one of the hosts of any of those shows. I'm not really sure what I could have done since I don't own a house, but it would have made my day! Anyway, I went to Lowes and was determined to find the items I needed without asking anyone for help. I always feel like and idiot in there asking for help. If you aren't in there to buy a major appliance or purchase lumber, it's hard finding something in those stores. An older gentleman vocally agreed with my silent frustration, "You can always find someone at Home Depot". HAHA. Anyway, I smiled when I found the coasters for the ottoman and left with all items needed. I drove home and was already planning on going to Eddies Frozen Custard on the way home. It is nothing like Eskamoes in Monroe but it was definitely worth stopping. As I got in the car, "I'm your lady" by Celine came on. Ok, I should feel embarrassed for being 5 blocks from home and instead of going there, driving around campus just so I could sing the song, but I'm not; mostly because women are mostly the ones who read the blog anyway, right?! And to top it off, I came home and cleaned...a lot! I got the broom, the Dyson and the Steam and Sweep out to tackle the LR, DR and kitchen. Done, done and done. Those are my guilty pleasures for today.

1 comments:

Adrienne said...

I wish Mike did that kind of stuff while I was away! I think he mopes and watches Lost ;) but you are awesome for vacuuming, mopping, & sweeping! I could go for some frozen custard right about now