Monday, June 23, 2008

Gidyup

A dear friend of mine believed it was time to find a convertible, don her overly large sunglasses and scarfs and drive two of her friends to the gulf for the day. How fantastically Wong Foo, with our the cross-dressing. I wasn't invited for the girls day out, but was still able to experience the thrill of the open road.

In the spirit of the day, I was offered a ride in this beast of all horses to plow down the streets of BR at night. We dropped the top and just drove. As we belted well-known musical tracts, we had to use the most appealing and appropriate of all. As Elphaba started her change monologue, I sang along with arms flowing with motion. As her climax rose, along with the speedometer, my body started to slide to try to break free of my constraining strap of safety. My arms stretched as far as they could go and I belted lyrics that will always be synonymous with flying. Free and unscathed from the world, I flew with a character that made me feel open and a tinge of happiness.

I love singing. I love my life.

2 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

Tim best friend!! I'm so excited that I found your blog! I can't wait to keep up on all of your life adventures on this thing. If you ever want to check out our blog, it's emstaland.blogspot.com. I can see that you're doing well, take care of Louisiana for me as it has such a special place in my heart!! Oh yes, my sister Natalie will be in the singles ward at the end of the summer, so if you give her a hug every once in awhile it will really make her day I'm sure! Take care, Tim!

emily egan

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

that is so unsafe! I loved that you tried to defy gravity, but alas, you couldn't.