Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Circles and stripes, oh my!


Ginny and I were very fortunate to find a used dining table and 4 chairs. The covers for the chairs were a little old so we decided to make them our own
We went to our local Hobby Lobby and found two great fabrics that match each other and our dishes. Our dishes are in the same color palette but different patterns. We are definitely taking a fashion liberty with the patterns but we really like them. It took us a lot of troubleshooting to finally finish recovering the chairs but we got it done.Two of the chairs have the striped pattern and the other two are covered in the circular pattern.
Special Note:: If you decide to take on this adventure for yourself, please take my advice and take the older material off first. We put the material over the old material and the corners were too thick when we tried to reinstall the cover to the chair. We had to detach the corners and do some surgery to get it down to the right level.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! I love that you did something colorful. I am so sick of brown: brown walls, brown furniture, brown everything! Brown=boring. Anyways, that was a bit of rant. By the way, I do love brown people (only exception). I want to do some upholstery myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lisa said...

I LOVE LOVE the fabric on those chairs! Your place is really coming together!