Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our new endeavor.

Last Monday (a week ago), Ginny text me from work and said I should download an APP for my phone called myfitnesspal. I wasn't sure what it was but Ginny and I have both been trying to shed a few extra pounds. We already have cut out fast food, except for the occasional, "we're running around too much and need something quick," stop. We also try to stay away from soda (tangent, I LOVE Dr. Pepper and Ginny LOVES Diet Coke [YUCK!] but when we drink more water and less soda, our body craves the water. If we listen to our body, it really knows what it wants and we should give it to it.) We also have realized eating at home is much more cost effective and, again, our bodies crave "real" food. So, I downloaded the app and we have been gung-ho(whatever that means) ever since. I've lost 3.5 lbs in a week and Ginny has lost 2.5. It's a great app and I HIGHLY recommend it. We have already branched out to Aunt Bea and will continue to shout it's praises. We strive to do some form of exercise everyday and that helps to keep us good and healthy and within our caloric allotment.

1 comments:

korie said...

Good for you guys. I've been using myfittness pal for a few years. The app is AMAZING the best part is when you can scan the bar code and it enters the food in that easy. Love it. Good luck. I need some too.