Sunday, April 1, 2012

All About Kaylor




I think I am finally starting to get the handle of this whole camera thing. I'm still a little shaky with my picture taking so the pictures are a little fuzzy. But here is a little session I had with our lovely daughter as she did some tummy/ottoman time with Auntie Bea.


This last week, Ginny and I went on a date; we must do this more often! We went to dinner at Texas de Brazil, one of our favorite restaurants. Then, we watched Color Purple the musical (my birthday present). Dinner was great and the food was amazing!! The Color Purple is such a great story and I wasn't sure if I'd like the musical or not but I still wanted to see it. The cast and music blended together wonderfully. It was heartfelt and so moving. Aunt Bea watched our little girl. She needed to cook dinner so she propped up Kaylor on a makeshift pallet and let the TV babysit her for a minute or so. Here's a picture. She's so adorable and Bea is so creative! She looks pretty content.
We have decided to start giving Kaylor rice cereal once a day in the morning. She sleeps almost 12 hours at night (with the exception of about a 45 minute break for eating between 5 and 7) and we feel that she is incredibly hungry when she wakes up. She wants to eat about every 30 minutes for the first few hours after she wakes up. Here is a video of our second attempt at feeding, with some minor commentary from Kaylor's inner monologue.


Ok, I think this is the last one. This past weekend, we "ran" a 5k, or walked, whatever! It was our little family, plus Aunt Bea, Lolita and Beth, a friend from church. Lolita thought it was funny that she put her hat on Kaylor, as she always does. Kaylor was a champ and did really well for the whole race. It was all of our first 5k and we were pretty proud of ourselves! We will do another one in the Fall. The "Blue Run" is put on by Child Advocacy Services and we were proud to help out. The moment of the day was when Aunt Bea noticed a little 4 yo relieving himself as his mom was registering for the race. His shorts were down and his shirt was pulled. His older brother tried to tell him to stop but he kept streaming along. His mom finally saw him and, out of sheer embarrassment, shoved it back in and pulled up his shorts. I laughed for a solid minute.

1 comments:

Brandie said...

my niece is so cute :)