Thursday, January 24, 2013

Is it almost February?

WOW!  Since you last saw the Garner family, not too much has changed.  Ginny is still working and I am still in school.  I am still working at Five Guys but have moved locations (long story).  But I'm at the location closer to our house, I have more hours and I am a lot happier there.  Even Ginny noticed a difference.  

I have been sick this last week.  Just some viral cough that is obviously going around.  I'm getting better but I hope and pray my girls don't get it.  Little kids coughing is unbearably sad.  

I am still in my first official class at UOPX.  It is only 6 class periods, but we had three holidays as well (Christmas, New Years and MLK); that's why it's taking so long.  I have two more classes and then I am done with this one.  It's a very interesting class about counseling the culturally diverse.  Our teacher is a little laid back which makes it much easier but it's still a fun class.  With UOPX, we break up into learning teams.  My learning team is three other students and we all work really well together.  

Ginny and I recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary.  We had sushi (YUMMMMM!!!) and then went shopping. 

 We also got ourselves a new bed.  It's the first actual bed we have had since we got married. Our box spring was injured in the move so we needed a new one anyway and we both wanted a headboard.  So, we took ourselves to Ikea and got one.  I've always wanted the one with the slats instead of a box spring.  We got the bed, brought it home and put it together.  It was a little labor intensive but we got it done and it looks amazing.  Below is the bed after it was completed with no mattress followed by the bed with the new duvet cover.


1 comments:

FranklyBecca said...

Love the bed. I also have the slats and don't have any problems with it. My bed is very comfy. Did ya'll get a mattress at ikea? And, is your duvet from ikea? I have one that is striped too, but mine is purple, and it is from ikea.