Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wally-world vs. the Target

You must really say Target as the French would. If you do not, please stop now and vow never to return again!

I went to Wal-mart today for the first time in a while. I'm sure I've been sometime in the past few months, but not nearly as much as I use to. It's a dirty place and the employees really aren't as great there as the beautiful read bulls-eye.

In Sam's defense, it's got some great prices and a variety of things that can't be found at target. They are a little more abundant in every day needs. Today, for instance, I found an AC adapter...couldn't find one at the competitor across the interstate. He's tried to make a great store and it really does appeal to low cost shoppers.

"On the other hand", Target is a great store. There are things there you can't find anywhere! And I've come to realize if I can't find them at Target, I'll just have to go somewhere else that specializes in that specific item to swipe my doggie faced card. Not that Wal-mart is that bad, Target is just that good.

Being in management, I've noticed that certain types of people are drawn to certain types of environments. Simply put, you won't find Target employees applying at Wal-mart.

To wrap this up, I'm glad there is a Target close to my house. Thank you Wal-mart for all you've done for me in the past. This isn't goodbye, just a simple see ya' later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! I LOVE me some Target - I can spend wayyyy too much money there! I think we have alot in common and we should hang out soon - I guess Wendy can come too!

Brandie said...

Uhm you didn't mention your beautiful, wonderful and lovely princess that accompanied you to said places...
Rood...

Jodi said...

I heart Target. I'm there at least once a week.