Sunday, September 28, 2008

Church Spotting

So, I'm home alone, awaiting the time to turn to a decent time to show up for church. You know when it's appropriate. If you show up too early, people ask you to do stuff . If you show up too late, you don't get a good seat. There's a perfect time to show up to church, although I have to make myself wait until that time comes. I'm prone to being early to engagements. Occasionally, I might be late due to unforeseen annoyances. For the most part, I'm early. I really do struggle with making myself show up later, for that perfect time, to church. If I show up too early, I start playing the piano and then EVERYONE expects you to play the piano-I'm not that good, I just enjoy it. Or I'm asked to pass the sacrament. Please don't misunderstand, I love serving, I don't mind helping out. But please take some initiative and ask people to do these things BEFORE Sunday-model concept?!?!!? I even think the brethren have counseled to ask people in advance for any church assignment. While I'm on the subject, don't ask for volunteers. Delegate assignments, "Bro. Garner, I need to to help with the sacrament next week, will you do that?" "I'd love to." Why would I say no? Then, call a few days in advance to confirm.

I'm not bitter, in anyway-just would like things to change. I still love the gospel and support my leaders. I'm still called to serve Him.

0 comments: