Monday, December 8, 2008

Sick...Smallville...school...sleep and survival?

"Somebody save me..." has been ringing in my head for a few days now. I borrowed the 6th and 7th seasons of one of the best series ever made, Smallville. I went on a huge kick a few years ago and borrowed the 1st-6th seasons of this super show and watched them. I started out with the first 4 and watched them in about a month. Then, I watched the 5th and most of the 6th. If I remember correctly, I had the 6th for almost 2 mos and felt so guilty that I returned the DVD's to the owner. But, I've had a load of time on my hands recently and I picked up the addiction once again! I finished the 6th season in a day or two. Within three days, I knocked out the 7th season, with ease. As it always does, it left me in severe suspense. I even lurked onto the internet to find the 8th season but my old laptop is too slow to buffer properly. :-(

The past few days, I've had an excuse to watch the famed show, I 've been sick. I normally get sick around this time of year so I've expected it. For some reason, I stopped taking my vitamins-thought I was CK. But the coughing is here and will hopefully be gone by the middle of the week.

My first "final" was this past Saturday. For my English class, we were instructed to write an Exit Exam. Basically, just to show that we've learned something during our semester in writing. My prompt question was, paraphrasing, "How does today's music reflect America's mood?" I hit at a unique angle, of which I might explain in a different post, if asked. I have my 2nd final tomorrow in Speech and my last two are next Tuesday, the 16th, for Math and Art. I just registered for my classes for next semester. I'm only taking 3. I'll research some of the online classes to see how much work is involved in case I want to add one. The reason I'm taking 3 is because I'm starting a full time job next week! I'm working at the Neuromedical Center. I'm way excited. I'll be a patient representative and working 830-5, M-F. I'll actually be getting off around 4 on Tuesday and Thursday. The pay isn't bad and the benefits are great! I'll have all weekends off and most holidays off, with pay! The job mainly consists of handeling patients who have extraordinary problems, i.e. showing up with out an appointment, insurance is invalid, rescheduling...anything! I think I'll love it. But with the added hours, I don't know if I can work the 40 hours a week and have time for school load. I've always planned on going to school during the summer, so it won't be a huge deal to miss one class...right?!?!? So, now, I can survive(I had to go with the S theme...)

Finally, sleep. I really love sleeping. I can just imagine me sitting in the pre-existance listening to the pro's and con's of the plan and when sleeping came up I said, "Oh, count me in!" Napping, sleeping, vegging, lying in the bed on a cold winter's morning. Oh, it's so nice. Such a way to ensure that I don't harm anyone around me...sleep.

0 comments: