Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cats and Contacts

So, I felt like having some alliteration in my post, so I'll talk about them both.

Shehad, my roommate owns 2 cats. The first one, Olivia, he obtained from a friend. She's grey with black stripes and adorably cute. However, she's fiesty. When he first got her-a worthy note, the vet told us she was a he and Shehad named her/him Oliver-she was very sweet and loving. She is still sweet and loving but has an attitude. I really think she's a human trapped in a cat's body. She knows she's not allowed in my room. However, when I leave my door open, she comes on in like she's never been beat, kicked, or sprayed out of my room before. But the minute I say, "Olivia" she squeaks which is cat for "What? I'm not doing anything."

All in all, though, I've realized that cats aren't that bad. I will never personally buy one. But they aren't as horrifically annoying as I thought. Although, early in the morning, before I've had my cereal, when she comes up to me and wraps her body around my legs annoyance plays a huge part in my tone with her.

Contacts. I finally have contacts. Oddly enough, for years, I've always wanted contacts and braces (for teeth). I think my reasoning is I saw a ton of kids while I was attending elemtary school have either glasses or braces. Then junior high, people seemed to have contacts a lot. I was kind of deprived as a kid. Not deliberately, but I definitely was not given all the luxuries of life, but I was well taken care of. Anyway, it was something I wanted. I got braces when I was 16 and I just got contacts yesterday. They are pretty amazing, when they are not bugging the heck out of me. I'm kinda sick right now, so my body is really dry which makes my eyes dry. So on top of all that, the annoyance of having some foreign object in my eye, having to put a foreign object in my eye and having to adjust to a new perscription definitely makes it hard. However, it's so much nicer to look at street signs with sunglasses on. Now, I don't have to wear glasses all the time when I don't want to. It's definitely a luxury I've wanted for a while.

In addition to the perscription I need for contacts, I also want colored/tinted lenses. I've wanted those for a while too. I've heard some scary stories of them, but I want EVERYONE's opinion. I want to know what people have heard of using them. Especially, if you've used them yourself, what are they like. Give me some feedback, for once!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

1. I posted the invites to the party but never the results of the party.

2. What else are braces for besides teeth?

3. I vote no on colored contacts.