Saturday, October 17, 2009

Party like it's 1999

Of course, this is a monumental post for a few reasons. First, I've never posted twice in one day, ever! Next, I have a declaration from a very kind couple about my skills as a server. And finally, I'm kinda amazing!

I work at Don's Seafood Hut on two nights a week as a server. I've always loved serving. I did it for two years at a different location for the same company but now I am in Gonzales. It's a great place to work and I really love doing what I do. Well, tonight, my first real table was a couple who seemed like any other table. They were inquisitive of the menu and I was happy to help them. Although, I didn't arrive at work in a good mood, they left me something that was super nice and something I've never received in the 4 years I've been serving. I've received compliments, tips of large proportions (no blank checks) and regulars who have asked for me. But never have I received this:
I was so moved. It completely turned my day around.

Of course, I love hearing compliments and I shared it with everyone. But the real reason for this post is to show everyone two things. First, a compliment is so important. We all need them and it feels so good to get them and to give them. Second, servers are highly trained individuals and should be recognized. We work out butts off, truly for our money. My full time job, there are days that I can work hardly at all, but I will still get paid. If servers don't work a lot, they don't get paid a lot.

As a plea, do not tip your server less than 15%. If you feel you need to, please inform the management as to the reason. Or, if you feel you can't afford it, do take out or fast food. Do not waste a server's time and then leave then any thing less than they deserve. And please acknowledge them if they do a good job! We all need compliments.

0 comments: