Monday, February 1, 2010

In this crazy life and through these crazy times...

School has become apart of my life once again. I'm taking 12 credit hours at BRCC. It's not completely overwhelming yet. I know I have to stay on top of all this jazz, though.

Work is still going well. It's so comforting to be in a job and be able to pay for school at the same time. I have a goal of not getting into debt until the very last possible moment. Hopefully when I get in an undergrad program I'll be able to use my dad's VA benefits to help with school costs. If not, loans it is. I cannot afford to stretch out school any longer than needful. As it is, I should be taking at least 15 credits this semester to be sure to graduate on time. I also just recently heard that SELU has a great Marriage and Family counseling program. I'm way pumped to check it out! I was already decided that I was going to go there for my undergrad and master program. After hearing this, I'm even more positive!!!

I have also had some new developments in other parts of my life. I'm not completely at liberty to say at the moment. After a discussion or two, I'll definitely update with some new information-hopefully good information.

So I was told the other day that I have to be married before I can become a Marriage and Family Counselor. Hopefully I will be since that's at least another 5 years away. It just hit me kinda weird. I know it would definitely help to be married but I don't think it's a necessity. I've seen several relationships and have been in many different types. I'll learn as I go and schooling will help a lot. It's something I never really thought about though. Do we all need to have real life applications before we start a career?

1 comments:

Jodi said...

A discussion or two, eh? Sounds intriguing to me!