Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"A new life...what I wouldn't give to have a new life."

So a lot of new stuff happened today. First, I deleted my Facebook page. I was so entrapped in it. Ginny and I have done the optimal thing and combined our pages. Maybe I'll be posting on here more...ha!

Second, I tried soy cheese for the first time today. I recently noticed a problem of my body creating too much mucus. I am lactose intolerant which causes all kinds of digestive concerns. In addition, it also causes excess mucus in my throat when I ingest it. I put two and two together and I have a theory. Maybe my addiction to milk products is also causing mucus to build up in other parts of my body as well. If so, it makes a lot of sense, yeah?!?! So, I'm off of all milk products until the end of April. Hopefully I can notice a difference by then. I might actually have to create a study on myself and use May to ingest different types of milk products to see the effects, who knows. After tasting soy cheese, I might just go on a binge eating spree anyway. So, there you have it. I don't drink cow's milk anymore but now added to the list is ice cream, cheese (too many to list), Eddy's frozen custard, whipped cream (I guess I might have to actually use the tub now), cream cheese, sour cream, cream cheese frosting, cream cheese icing (yes, they are different), grilled cheese, Mexican food in it's entirety (ok, maybe not that far) and the list goes on and on. Could you give up all that for a month? UGH!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. My daughter was having a similar problem. She was so phlemy and had a constant runny nose when I started her on whole milk. Then, as an experiment, I switched her to almond milk and miraculously she had no more cough or runny nose after two days! So I've just kept her off it entirely. I like the almond milk more than the soy, just saying. Good luck, you should look up some vegan recipies, they know what's up with the no milk life. And congratulations on breaking free from facebook. I like blogs more anyways--much more personal. See I wouldn't have known about your mucus issue without it ;)

Tim and Ginny Garner said...

Thanks for the help Sarah. I tried some soy cheese...no thanks! I saw some cheese made from Tapioca, that sounds interesting. I'll at least try it.