Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not the KS but mucus? Really!?!?

So, I finally went back to the health center and explained my symptoms to the dr. He did another urine analysis and there was no blood in my urine and the pain I was describing wasn't consistent with kidney stones. Phew! Very good news! But he told me I have mucus on my prostate. Yeah, I know. I was a bit weirded out too. Something I've learned from working in the medical field is, don't be surprised. My fiance' works with injured athletes and they surprise her all the time. Also, I've learned that just because we think something is what it is (mucus only is for our respiratory system) does not mean it can't manifest itself somewhere else. Supposedly, I have some sort of infection in my prostate causing it to inflame so I am taking an antibiotic and a decongestant...for my prostate. Isn't medicine wonderful???


0 comments: