Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kidnaaaay Stooooones.

::Disclaimer:: This post is not for the faint of heart of unscientific minds.

For some reason, I have had some unfortunate birthdays. A few years ago, Ouizer, a friend of ours and I were involved in a semi-serious wreck the midnight of my birthday. This year, around the same time, I discovered I probably am passing a kidney stone.

About a week and a half ago, I thought I had a UTI. My mom gets them all the time so I assumed I could have a problem too. I even think I had one a long time ago. I went to the store and picked up some pain reliever. I got some relief that weekend but the pain didn't really subside so I went to the student health center on campus. The doctor told me that guys don't really get UTIs and thought I might have something wrong with my prostate. And yes, he checked my prostate in the traditional way. He gave me some pills and they started to work.

As I said before, around midnight I started developing a strong, tense and tingling/numbing feeling in my lower back, above my obliques. I was still experiencing the same symptoms from what I thought was the UTI and my doctor thought was an enflamed prostate. I'm about 98% sure what it might be. I've only had two "episodes" of the above mentioned pain but I will for sure keep you all up to date of my experiences.

0 comments: