Monday, September 5, 2011

We're on our way.

We took a trip to NOLA today to the nearest Babies R Us to register. If you'd like to check it out and send us a lil summin' summin', we would be more than happy. It is a hopeless plea for help, of course! We will probably register for some stuff at Target as well. New parents, if you see anything that isn't on the registry that you couldn't live without, please let us know. Also, we are taking donations in the forms of cash, checks, money orders, cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and gift cards. Let me know if you need our address!

Also, we are thinking about trying out cloth diapers. Any suggestions? Now, before any of you get all negative, we have found a kind that is cloth on the outside and has a biodegradable, removable pad liner. They are newer and highly improved than when I was a kid. If any of you have heard anything about the newer kinds, please let us know. We would also buy disposable diapers for trips and such. I'm also saying this so we don't have an influx of disposable diapers because we may not use them all.


5 comments:

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

We were going to do cloth diapers but I had to be 100% invested in it or it wouldn't save me money. I have a friend down the street that has a cloth diaper business and they are very cute and way more comfy...however with just having my first- to be honest- I'm so grateful we didn't. Having to do laundry just for diapers is too much to do with a new life style of no sleep...others love it though! Keep us updated on what you decide to do!

korie said...

On the cloth diaper issue. I say live and learn. You won't know if it works for you unless you try it right?

I love the plea Tim. I'm sure you guys will get everything you need. You would be surprised by how much such you DON'T "really" need.

Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

I actually use cloth diapers for my 2 year old and have for about 2 months now. I wish I had started sooner! She's been rash free and her diapers actually hardly smell. The chemicals in disposables actually make me gag and are so stinky! Yuck! I use sunbaby brand diapers, from China! They are pocket diapers with inserts. I bought additional hemp inserts because toddlers pee a lot. I also own a diaper sprayer that is hooked up to the toilet and is a great alternative to dumping poo, although I did see you mentioned disposable inserts. I have heard those work well too.

cottonbabies.com is a great online shop that sells all different kinds of cloth diapers, depending on what system you are interested in.

I would also recommend the cloth diapering board on babycenter.com. There are over 17,000 members, (including myself) and you can find any and all answers to your questions regarding CDing. That link is

http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a16235/cloth_diapering

So I wish you luck in your CDing adventure! I have saved a lot of money not buying disposables. The stink factor is almost not there, and my daughters bum is free and clear of rashes! Hooray!

Okay, off my cloth diapering soapbox. :-)

Stephanie said...

I can't edit my comment.. dangit!

About the diaper sprayer hooked up to the toilet, it's a great alternative to swishing diapers in the toilet, like our grandparents did before us lol. You just spray, and go!

And I should mention that my baby, who is due in about 4 weeks, will be cloth diapered. All I can see is dollar signs.. I'm gonna save so much money LOL.

Kristian Ryan said...

We have friends who started out with cloth diapers but now are switching between using disposables. She didn't want to carry around dirty diapers when they go out, so they switch to a disposable when the leave the house. I have only used disposables and love them. You can find great deals on Amazon, and clipping coupons helps, too.