Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We have a life, too!

Monday, Ginny and I finally were able to eat a meal at the table. After 6 weeks of balancing eating dinner and Kaylor, it was a nice relief. We feel she wants to be included in the family dynamic and eat when we eat, sometimes. She seems very adult-like sometimes. We have asked her questions to which she replies with a resounding affirmative or negative with a shake of the head of an audible "Yeah" or "Uh-huh". We have yet to get an audible "no." It cracks us up. We realize she still doesn't comprehend much except. She can barely get her thumb in her mouth 2 out of 3 times. Although, she tends to understand when she is going to get her diaper changed because she is irate when she has a dirty diaper but the minute I start walking to the changing table and tell her I am going to change her diaper, she calms down and sits politely and quietly when we change her.

That reminds me. We have slowly been introducing cloth diapers to her. She seems to work well with them. We love them and it is definitely saving us some cash. Our washing machine seems to be running daily but what else is new. We probably washed two loads of her clothes every day for the first 4 weeks because she peed or pooped on a lot of blankets while we aired her out. Her bum rash seems to be holding strong. We put her in disposable diapers at night so Ginny doesn't have to rinse out the cloth diapers while balancing feeding her. We are still using warm wash cloths to wipe her. We will probably continue except for outings.

Another breakthrough, Kaylor slept through most of the night last night. Ginny fed her around 10 or 1030 and then she feel asleep and didn't wake up until 5. This was amazing for us both. Although the parent inside of us woke up several times to check on her. Mine was more due to my bladder but I still checked on her. It was a great night and hopefully many more to come.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right about the proud grandparents . She makes my heart sing. I am most proud of the dedication my son and daughter in law take in every aspect of this precious baby. I enjoyed seeing y'all court, date what ever you kids are calling it theses days. I keep being reminded I'm old as dirt. Luckily I feel like almost 50. I use to be able to say I could pull it off, not so much lately. I'm sure Kaylor will keep me young at heart, I love her so and look forward to more grams babies for pa paw and Noni to love and spoil . Thank u Ginny and Tim for giving us all such a beautiful and loving gift. Love Mom (Noni)

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

He cloth diaper pic is so cute! Coop man sometimes has multiple blowouts and if he has one after I already did a load of laundry, I'll just rinse it out, put shout on it and then leave it in a bucket of water til I do laundry again. That's helped make my life less stressful :) Hopefully she's continuing to let you get more sleep at night!

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

*her cloth diaper