Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Me and Mrs. Barker

So my wonderful Glenda gave me such a great birthday present...a little early, I might add. Glenda, her mom and I drove to Lafayette to watch one of the best performers of our generation. He's so awe-inspiring. He's a great singer, dancer, songwriter, jokester and all around wonderful entertainer. None other than the fabulous Michael Buble! He blew me away.

I haven't had great experiences with concerts, but he is such a great entertainer. I'm sure he sat down to help plan his tour and said, "You know, people have heard all of these songs, what else can I put in the show to help them enjoy themselves?" It's not just about his performance. He wants the audience to truly have a genuinely good time.

The opening act was Naturally 7, their sign is very clever. They are amazing! So incredibly talented and very entertaining.

Key points of the night to remember(things may be added as I remember them, later):
  • Michael called a girl racist (against Canucks)
  • Michael grabbed a guy's butt and a lady grabbed his
  • Michael likes to curse and be "dirty" as Ma'Deb puts it.
  • Michael sounded a little rough which made his singing oh so more enjoyable
  • One of Michael's trombone players is from the dirty dirty
  • Michael has lost some weight since youtube
  • I always get lost coming from the Cajun Dome
  • I sing a lot
  • Michael likes to be seductive but can't keep his composure while doing so
  • Michael is very sincere
  • Michael walked off stage, after flipping off his band.
My most favorite moment of the show was at the end, during his encore. Michael was singing and set the microphone down and used the acoustics of the Cajun Dome to sing the last few lines of the song...and he teared up a bit. Priceless!

The only un-enjoyable fact of the night was I forgot my camera and didn't want any stinkin' phone pictures. Other than that the night will live on forever in my memory!

Thank you Glenda!

2 comments:

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! Now do you see why I want to marry him?! I love him! Le sigh. Color me jealous...even though I saw him in Feb! You can NEVER get enough of Michael Bublé!! NEVER! Glad you had a quacktastic time.

Adrienne said...

Mike and I have seen him in concert too! He IS amazing! I'm so glad you got to go...and a little jealous that I didn't :)