Monday, October 20, 2008

Work Shmirk

I've been really struggling lately with my work situation. The deal is, I have to go out and generate my own business so I can get paid so I won't get kicked out of my house. Not literally kicked out, but you get the idea. It's strictly commission at this point in the game.

I'm very unmotivated to get out and go knock on doors of random people. I really don't mind the knocking, once I'm out there, but it's not the most fun thing in the world. I'm much more the type of person to follow directions and be told what to do when it comes to a job. I'd prefer to have a schedule set out for me. It's amazing to not have to wake up early and be able to work around things that I'd prefer to spend my time on. I could mention all the downsides of it, but I'll refrain. It's just not something I really want to do, even though I could get paid a butt load of money if I actually worked at it. But a little reprieve came this week.

My old manager from my last job contacted me. She's working for a different facility now doing basically the same thing. She offered me a job at the new facility. I want it so bad. It's a
"9-5" Monday - Friday job with benefits. EVERY weekend off! Plus as she was describing it, I would be a patient advocate. Basically if the patient needs anything, I would get it for them. It actually doesn't start for another month or two, but I've asked her if there's anyway I can start sooner. Seriously, though, I need a job. This roofing thing is going to stress me out way too much! I'm not making the money I thought I would be by now and I'm a little scared that I'm not going to be able to pay bills. Anyway, the job is great news. She's looking into finding me something sooner, but no promises. I have some other options available, which I really need to start looking into. I could always go back to waiting tables, which would be oh so fun and a heckuva long drive. But I make good money at it. I know how to shake what I have got in these here jeans of mine!

If ANYONE has some comforting words, I could sure use them.

Sincerely,
Broke in Baton Rouge
p.s. I'm not really broke, just looking for sympathy points:-)

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Tim:First I love the new layout! Second keep your head up! It will get better believe me I know! You could always go stand on the street corner. I mean that's what your sister and I do to earn some extra cash!

Lady Gwynyfwar said...

Dear Broke in Baton Rouge:

"She's a ho! My dad's been captured by a ho!" Sorry, that's what your nickname made me think of...

Cheer up, Charlie. It'll get better soon! I'm in the same boat as you...I'll need a job in January...