Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

This weekend started off a little rocky, but it turned out to be pretty stellar (yes, if I say stellar, it will come back in style.)

My car has been misbehaving for quite some time. I've talked to it, changed it's poopy parts and even given it the best food I could find. But, it was still not cooperating. I was oh so ready to exchange the beast for a new one. I went to a few different car lots and found one or two that I thought I could afford. My parents were very determined to get me to just fix my current car as opposed to buying a new one. Fortunately, no one would finance me with an affordable not for a car that I wanted AND my dad and uncle are pros at fixing cars. Just as a side note, we've replaced the fuel pump (yeah, the one inside the gas tank) 3 X in the last year and it still was not working right. SO, I went to the Ford dealership to have them run a diagnostic test on the SOB. They did and gave me what was wrong with it. I brought the info to my dad and we determined that the parts that needed to be fixed were affordable and my parents helped me out with the finance part and my dad replaced one part and my uncle cleaned another part. It runs so much smoother now. Phew! I'm kinda excited I didn't have to buy a new car. I really like mine AND I'm almost done paying it off.

Ginny was able to meet my parents and a few other family members this weekend. My parents boiled some crawfish and we had a great time! We played cards Friday night and a little Saturday. I got to eat some delicious crawfish and enjoyed the whole time! I really can't wait until my parents move to Baton Rouge so I can see them more often! I also can't wait until Ginny moves to BR too-45 minute drive is a long time to drive to see each other.

All-in-all, my car's fixed, I spent all weekend with the girl AND I had crawfish. GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Easter Bubby!

PS I win the war for Kirby!

Adrienne said...

Yay! So glad it all worked out! Meeting the folks huh?! What does this mean?
I didn't know your mom and dad were moving to BR! What ward? Fun!

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

so what girl??? please details and thanks for rubbing it in about u eating crawfish already!