Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are finally one month old


Actually, as of today, we are 5 1/2 weeks old. We have been still learning how to be parents; a full time job, most definitely. We have learned a little more about our little one and have really tried to make her as comfortable as possible. Here is a picture of Kaylor at 1 month. She is sitting next to a giraffe named Sofie. You should click on her name to find out more about this toy. A friend of ours gave it to Kaylor and she says Sofie has great children soothing powers.

Kaylor looks like this 90% of the time. I'm afraid she's practicing much to early to say, "I'm innocent."


We also have a video of Kaylor playing with her new toy. Of course, she's a little young for it but she does get it to make noise every once in a while.


Also, Kaylor has told us that she does not like Hello Kitty! If anyone purchases any Hello Kitty paraphernalia, it will be returned immediately. This is ridiculous.


I do need to be clear. I'm really the anti-Hello Kitty fanatic (oxymoron?) However, I never have liked anything Hello Kitty and certainly feel she his highly overrated. Nonetheless, all there is not place in our home for such a monstrosity.

Ginny wanted me to post this. We have both made a point of trying to sleep when she does. I'm glad the Garners all love to nap. Please note the uncovered cushion I rest upon. We were airing Kaylor out (on one of her bad bum bum days) and she got a little too free with her bodily fluids. So, we discovered that our cushions are completely machine washable.


ANOTHER VIDEO?!?! I'm feeling crazy, y'all. Although, please, even if you think I'm one of the crazy parents who plaster too many pictures of their child online, do not tell me!

There is some back story to this. A few years ago, I had an obsession with a scene from Dennis the Menace the movie. I tried to look for an old post I had which I thought told the story but I guess I never posted one. The scene is hilarious mainly because Gunther is an adorable cross-eyed adolescent and has great facial expressions. A mean man asks him "Whatcha' eatin' there sport?" to which Gunther replies, "A Apple." It's so funny. Youtube it, right now. Anyway, here is my own version from a loving father to his most adorable daughter.

0 comments: