Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I've gotta new way to move and I got my own voice!

I went to the dreaded Wal-mart today to get my tires fixed. I was dragging my feet the whole way because I really do not like the Wal-mart. It's gotten worse over the years and I'd much prefer to go anywhere else. I had a nail in one tire and a slow leak in another tire; both purchased at Wal-mart and both with a warranty. I was just going to go to a small tire place to get it fixed but then my mom reminded me of this warranty. I bit my tongue, picked up my tail and drove in.

I arrived to a line full of people. There were two individuals with a basket full each of groceries. I was highly irritated. To add to this, the clerk that was checking these customers was by herself. I was disheartened and looked at this with grim eyes and a realization that I was going to be spending the rest of the afternoon and possibly evening with the cheerful hearts of Wal-mart.

The clerk that checked me in was surprisingly helpful. She checked me in with in a matter of minutes and I went on to do some planned shopping. I arrived back at the tire center and sat to wait to be called. As I witnessed the clerk check out customers, she was pleasant. It made me feel good to know that customer service is still alive. I love seeing her interact with her customers. She called me up and checked me out and was overly helpful.

I will probably not shop at Wal-mart on a regular basis. It's still not my favorite place to be. But I had a good experience and wanted to share it.

0 comments: